Vaccine Injury Information
Who is Eligible
Who is eligible for the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program?
1. In order to file a petition with the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund you must have received an eligible vaccine. See the list of vaccines here.
2. A parent or legal guardian may file a petition on behalf of a child or disabled person who received a covered vaccine.
3. A legal representative of the estate of a deceased person who received a covered vaccine.
4. Age and citizenship status are not limitations for filing a petition.
How severe must the injury be to be covered by the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program?
1. The injury must have lasted more than 6 months after the date of vaccination.
2. The injury must have resulted in hospitalization AND surgery.
3. The injury resulted in the person passing away.
Specific injuries covered by the program can be found here. Additional illnesses outside of this list may be compensable, please contact us to discuss your specific case.
What are the filing deadlines for the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program?
1. For injuries a petition must be filed within 3 years of the first symptoms of the injury or significant worsening of the injury.
2. For deaths a petition must be filed within 2 years of the death and 4 years of the onset of symptoms.
Note: Certain changes to the Vaccine Injury Table may impact the above deadlines, especially for new vaccines or injuries that are not currently covered.